Sunday, September 18, 2016

Brain Break: YOU TUBE

I have always been a huge fan of exercise and movement through dance. When Zumba took off in the states I knew that I had to bring it into my classroom. 

Since I have personal goal to provide my students more brain breaks I spent some time on You Tube to create a movement playlist. Below are some the the videos that I plan to use during some of the brain breaks!




Additionally I have been sharing some of my favorite songs and having students listen to the lyrics to discuss the songs message and they are loving this! Below is the first song that I shared with them and we had great discuss around it!


Now that we are three weeks into the school year, I must say that I am enjoying providing these brain breaks and have received great student feedback about loving the brain breaks, and the best part they are able to come back and refocus.

The last brain break that I have been doing with the students is from Kathleen Kryza from an app that she recommend which was called Settle Your Glitter. I haven't had much luck with the app, so instead I explained to students that we learn best when our glitter is settled and we practiced in the mornings to "Settle our Glitter," and they giggled a little, but I have heard them telling their groups, "Our glitter is everywhere and we need to settle it." I may create class snow globes and use those to help us settle our glitter as we need it. I really like this because I know that it is a great life skill and everyone needs to take time to settle their glitter.

No matter how busy we get within the school day I will make time for brain breaks as they benefits are beyond worth it!

Let me know what brain breaks you do with your class, the more ideas the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment